Preparing Your Vehicle For Transport 101
January 16, 2019
Transporting your car or truck instead of driving it yourself can be a great way to avoid some hassle. Whether you’re moving cross-country, have a vintage car you want to protect, or just don’t have the time to get behind the wheel, working with a transport company can take some worry off your plate. However, if anything goes wrong during the process, it can quickly become a disaster. To avoid any problems, here is some advice to keep in mind as you prepare.
Getting Your Vehicle Ready for Transport
A critical aspect of the transportation process takes place before the transporter ever touches your car. Knowing how to prep can ensure that you have a smooth and problem-free experience.
Here are some of the key steps you should take:
- Wash it. Not only does this mean your vehicle will be bright and shiny when it arrives, it’s also an opportunity to take note of any scratches or dents that exist.
- Take photos. A visual record of the condition of your vehicle beforehand means you can have an easier time making a claim should it become damaged during the trip.
- Remove all loose items. This will ensure that your belongings won’t be thrown around and potentially damage the interior. Your items will also be kept safe from possible theft.
- Empty the tank. Carrying a full tank of gas only adds to the weight of your vehicle and increases the transport costs. A quarter-tank should be more than enough once it’s unloaded.
- Do a maintenance check. Check your fluids, tires and battery. It’s important to note any issues with the driver and the company ahead of time.
Stateway Auto Is Here to Help
Since 1992, Stateway Auto has provided reliable services for those who want their vehicles transported safely from point A to point B. We will help you find the transportation service you need to care for your prized possession and make the process as easy and worry-free as possible. To learn more about what we can do for you, contact us today.